Job Title: Assessor/Trainer
Location: Ipswich base to work across the country
Benefits: Company car may be available, performance related bonus, 20 days holiday plus 5 extra days to be taken during the Christmas period and 1 extra day per year after 5 years service
Job type: 6 months trial - Permanent
Company: M.E.A.T (Ipswich) Ltd http://www.meatipswich.co.uk
About M.E.A.T Ipswich
M.E.A.T Ipswich Ltd is a privately owned company specialising in Meat and Fresh Food training throughout England, working with young people and experienced food professionals to deliver Apprenticeships in the Meat, Fish and Fresh Food Industry.
This is a hands on and varied role, interesting and challenging with opportunities to develop and progress. The successful candidate will be joining us at an exciting time; the quality of fresh food is at the forefront of people’s minds and traditional food trades are seeing a revival in interest, through your training and guidance you will shape the Fresh Food professionals of the future.
• Vocational Qualification – minimum Level 2 in butchery.
• Ability to drive and current driving license.
• Willingness to spend nights away from home.
• Comprehensive meat trade experience.
• Computer literate.
• Excellent Communication skills (written and verbal).
• Ability to organise own work load and maintain detailed records.
• Ability to achieve performance targets for self.
• Good team player.
• Passionate about training, quality and food.
• Strong commitment to maintain CPD portfolio.
• Assessor award, City & Guilds 7303 preparing to teach in the Lifelong Learning Sector Course, A1/D32/D33.
• Health & Safety qualification.
• Food Hygiene qualification.
• Interest or knowledge of fish/fish processing.
Visiting apprentice butchers at their work place, reviewing progress, assessing practical and theoretical knowledge. Negotiating smart objectives for the next 8-12 week with the employer and the apprentice.
As apprentices are government funded there is a considerable amount of paperwork for assessors to complete in an effective and efficient manner.
The complexity of the role requires excellent organisational skills in order to work/liaise with butchers, apprentices and MEAT in order for everything to happen when and how it should. The ability to motivate apprentices is a necessary skill as is being of a diplomatic nature.
If you are interested in this vacancy please forward a CV along with a covering letter/personal statement stating if you are interested in full or part time work.
Butcher required to run Butchers counter in our farm shop. Cutting, Sausage / Burger making, Selling, Talking to customers, Cleaning and paperwork
We are flexible in what we are looking for, you could be anything from semi-retired to a trainee who wants to take us to the next level
Hours and salary are negotiable.
Jackie @07795471005 or Ring the shop on 01787267977
Or send CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Spencers Farm Shop
Wickham Fruit Farm
Wickham St Pauls
Return to Vacancies